Art Blaaaaahg of ehhd ehl

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Here are a couple drawings; some recent and most quite a bit older.
Freddy drew a caricature of me recently that influenced this one a little bit I think. I like the drawing, if even I look beefier than normal.


I did this at Sunday Subway Sketchgroup a little while ago. I liked her posture and the shapes just seemed to flow and fit together wonderfully. I truly enjoyed drawing it and I think it shows.


I'm working on a poster at the moment with a pretty epic description. And this is just a failed study as the structure is all sorts of messed up. Sharks have gotten a lot harder to draw since I was 12.


One of those self portraits I did a long while ago. I still like the other one better.


A drawing of a girl that I had a crush on and wanted to see romantically. It didn't work out at all. But, she's still a pretty cool girl. Was going to write a depressing, none-too-specifically-about-her autobiographical comic about how we met, hit it off, how it made me feel all tingly inside and then how things quickly escalated into too much drama land. But I have a few screws loose myself, to be honest. If you haven't already noticed. I may end up doing it, in fact I'd really like too... It's just I'm not the best at writing comics... I end up being far too ambitious with my shot selection, and I give up midway through roughing things out as I have the compositions figured out in my head but can never translate them as I'd like to see them.


Another drawing I did of myself... I really enjoy drawing myself... I guess in a variety of different styles. It is honestly tons of fun.


I was at the zoo with Andrea and Catherine and I drew a kitty. One of the few drawings I did that day that didn't turn into a gigantic pile of flat mud milkshake. I ought to color it.


A Dr. Sketchy's drawing. I won a cupcake. It was a pretty tasty cupcake. Granted of course... everyone won a cupcake that night. But still.


A caricature I did of someone on the drawing board at the beginning of the summer.



You ought to see the gigantic pile of recycling I have after sorting through my drawings.

No comments: